- Direct fit for the 2016+ Chevrolet Camaro SS
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50 micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location away from most intake and supercharger kits
- Includes pre-molded hoses with factory quick-disconnect fittings for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer serving intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #US D884,760 S
The 6.2 liter LT1 is an animal of an engine, but like any engine, it does not enjoy oil in its intake. Enter Mishimoto’s Camaro SS baffled oil catch can! Designed to protect the LT1’s intake from becoming an oil slick, this catch can mounts in-line with the PCV system to separate oil and air using a 50-micron bronze filter. The catch can is mounted away from most intake and supercharger kits to help leave room for future modifications
This new GM LT1 engine features direct fuel injection, which is great for creating an efficient burn but allows for carbon buildup on the intake valves. Engines with conventional port injection have fuel injected into the intake runners, which helps to wash carbon deposits off the valves. This isn’t the case with the Camaro’s LT1, making the addition of a catch can vital in preventing increased carbon buildup.
Mishimoto’s 2016 Camaro SS catch can kit features Mishimoto’s 2-port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can, which features a bronze filter and internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. Two direct-fit hoses and an application-specific bracket make for a quick and simple installation. To back up Mishimoto’s superior craftsmanship, each 2016 Camaro SS catch can kit comes with the renowned Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses with Pre-Installed Factory Quick-Disconnect Fittings
(2) 1/2" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
(2) Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch can every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.The catch can kit can be installed without removing the intake manifold, by attaching the supplied silicone hoses directly to the manifold.This product will fit with convertible models, the stock strut tower bar must be partially removed to install the catch can bracket.
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes LT1 Chassis Codes Alpha Fits 2016+ Chevrolet Camaro SS
Overall Height 3.8" Inlet 1/2" Outlet 1/2" Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 3 fl oz. Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Be the first to ask a question!