We have an update for our Focus ST intake project! Our first production sample has finally reached our R&D facility, and we have been able to test fit it onto a 2013 Ford Focus ST. Fitment was spot on, and we were able to get all the components properly snug into the car. We made some minor adjustments from our initial design and we included an awesome new feature that will help accommodate more Focus ST’s on the road, so let’s check it out!
We have another update ready to share with the Mini world! In the last post, we went through the process of how this shield was constructed using the waterjet. Now that all the components have been completely assembled, it’s time to test and evaluate our system. Check out some sound clips below! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKFDF3ZWPe8&feature=youtu.be Our intake dramatically improves the induction sound. The turbo spool is much more pronounced over stock and the intake tone is more aggressive. We know that this is as important for Mini drivers as performance, so we devoted time to making sure that this intake sounds awesome. The way this … Continue Reading ››
Our last update on this intake included dyno testing that yielded some interesting numbers. Now that we’re moving closer to the release, let’s take a look at the finished product! Let’s start with the intake pipes. These intake pipes will be finished in either wrinkle black, wrinkle red or polished, as shown above. The decision is up to you! These production samples came out nicely and look really great in person. Remember we are using full three inch piping with no step downs, which will require a tune … Continue Reading ››
As we finally round the end of the long and arduous testing and data collection process, it’s time to test the fitment of the final prototype to ensure there are no issues before we kick off full-scale production. A lot of effort has gone into designing and engineering this kit, and it has been rewarding to see this project finally come together. There were some minor changes and cool feature additions that will make this kit unique. Take a look at some images below. After we pieced together … Continue Reading ››
We finally have an update for the Miata intake project! With our prototype now in working order, we were finally able to hook up our ND Miata to our dynamometer and get some pulls underway. At this point in the process, we knew we’d want to play around with some other design ideas while the car was hooked up to the Dynapack. AFRs, power output, and sound clips were all on the agenda for the evaluation of this prototype system.