- Direct fit for the 2015+ Ford Mustang EcoBoost
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses with factory quick-disconnect fittings for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #US D884,760 S
Mishimoto engineers are pleased to release a new line of direct-fit 2015 Mustang parts, including the Mishimoto Mustang EcoBoost Baffled Oil Catch Can that is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup in your 2015 Mustang, a common issue with direct fuel injection engines. Thousands of test miles were logged on our Mustang EcoBoost to determine what can setup would work the best. Mishimoto's engineers found that in most vehicles, placing the catch can in the vacuum-assisted PCV system of the vehicle will yield the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving, where a catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the left side of the engine will yield nearly no accumulation on stock or lightly modified vehicles. Having only one catch can tied into the PCV system will work the best for your EcoBoost Mustang.
The Mishimoto Mustang EcoBoost catch can kit uses the patent pending Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can equipped with a 50-micron bronze filter and internal baffle to better separate the oil from the PCV vapors. The kit comes with two direct-fit hoses that have preassembled quick-disconnect fittings in order to simplify installation. It also includes one direct-fit mounting bracket that is extremely easy to install and mounts the can in a serviceable location in your EcoBoost Mustang! Two CNC-machined aluminum, ½” barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. Like all Mishimoto EcoBoost Mustang parts, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses with Pre-Installed Factory Quick-Disconnect Fittings
(2) 1/2" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
(2) Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes 2.3L EcoBoost Chassis Codes S550 Fits 2015+ Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Overall Height 3.8" Inlet 1/2" Outlet 1/2" Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 3 fl oz. Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Be the first to ask a question!