- Direct fit for the 2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location away from most intake and supercharger kits
- Includes pre-molded hoses with factory quick-disconnect fittings for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #US D884,760 S
The 2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT is a great car with a great engine. But even with all its modern performance, it still suffers from the adverse effects of oil bow-by. Our direct-fit catch can kit is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, which is common with direct-injection engines. This catch can taps into the PCV system of the V8 Coyote for the best protection and blow-by collection as it yields the most accumulation through both normal and aggressive driving.
This kit uses our patent pending 2-Port Baffled Oil Catch Can. Inside each can is an internal air diverter to slow down incoming air for more effective air-oil separation, along with a 50-micron bronze filter and an aluminum baffle to keep oil from being sucked back into the system. The rubber lines coming from the can include Ford’s factory quick-disconnect fittings for easy installation. The mounting bracket is made of thick steel, securely mounts to the strut tower, and allows for easy servicing of the can. With absolutely no other modifications required for installation and our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty included with every kit, the baffled oil catch can makes for an excellent addition to your S197 Mustang!
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses with Pre-Installed Factory Quick-Disconnect Fittings
(2) 3/8" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
(2) Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch can every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes 5.0 Coyote
Chassis Codes S-197 II
Fits 2011-2014 Ford Mustang GT
Overall Height 3.8" Overall Diameter 2.5" Inlet 3/8"
Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT
Capacity 3 fl oz
Assembled Weight 0.9 lbs
Material 6061 Aluminum
Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M).
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
Be the first to ask a question!