- Direct fit for 2011-2013 BMW 335I/335XI/135I
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patent pending billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends Vanos system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The Mishimoto BMW N55 Baffled Oil Catch Can is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, a common issue with the direct fuel injection N55 engines. The Mishimoto BMW N55 catch can kit uses proven engineering from the patent pending Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can, with its 50-micron bronze filter and internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. The engineers at Mishimoto designed a CNC-machined lid that features large inlet and outlet ports in order to match the inner dimension of the CCV hose. This baffled oil catch can defends your intercooler, intake system, and VANOS system from oil blow-by and helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation.
The kit comes with two direct-fit hoses, which require no modification to the engine cover, and one direct-fit mounting bracket that is extremely easy to install and mounts the can in a serviceable location! Two aluminum, 3/4” barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. And, like every Mishimoto oil catch can, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses
(2) 3/4" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes N55 Chassis Codes E82
Fits 2011-2013 BMW 135i Coupe
2011-2013 BMW 135i Convertible
2011 BMW 335i/xi Sedan
2011-2013 BMW 335i/xi Coupe
2011-2013 BMW 335i/xi Convertible
Overall Height 3.8" Overall Diameter 2.5" Inlet 3/4" Outlet 3/4" Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 3 fl oz Assembled Weight 0.9 lbs Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Q:Is there any sort of maintenance or cleaning we need to do with the baffle or filter inside of the can?A:
Thanks for the message. Although it is not required, it's a good idea to occasionally remove the catch can and clean it as instructed by the below-linked video. The product may not be the exact same, however, the process is the same.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
Pat MuschampBY:Pat Muschamp (Admin) | Dec 28, 2021