- Separates oil particles from PCV/CCV air using 50 micron bronze filter
- Defends intercooler, intake system, and essential components from oil blow-by
- Patent Pending billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-Rings
- Includes 3 CNC-machines aluminum 1/2" barbed hose fittings
- Universal mounting bracket for customized installation
- 3 oz internal capacity for improved servicing intervals
- Filter and can are both fully serviceable
- Safe for pressurized applications
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Available in black, red, or polished finishes
- Click Here to find out which Universal Catch Can is best for you
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #D910,727
- Looking for a larger can? Click here for our XL Baffled Oil Catch Can!
With years of oil catch can research and development, Mishimoto has created the most effective compact oil catch can on the market. The patent pending Mishimoto Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can was designed to separate oil particles from the PCV/CCV air that would normally have just been routed back to your intake. The internal air diverter increases air turbulence and ensures all the oil sinks to the bottom of the can, leaving nothing but clean air to pass through the 50-micron bronze filter to the intake. An internal baffle keeps the collected oil from splashing around under race conditions. This oil catch can features three ports, two inlets and one outlet, for easy installation on CCV and PCV systems.
The 100% billet, 6061 aluminum can features M16 x 1.5 threads at the inlets, outlet, and drain area and includes three black anodized, CNC-machined aluminum fittings to make installation effortless. Our catch can is also sealed with Viton™ O-Rings to ensure all captured blow-by stays inside of the can. For maximum fitment options, the top mounting setup allows the can to be mounted from multiple angles. To make maintenance easy, the drain plug can be removed to allow for a return to the oil pan. The can is also 100% washable, unlike many other cans that require you to replace your filtration system.
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact 3-Port Baffled Oil Catch Can
(3) Aluminum 1/2" Barbed Fittings
(1) Universal Mounting Bracket
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch can every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.
- TECH SPECS
Overall Height 3.8" Overall Diameter 2.5" Inlet M16 x 1.5 Outlet M16 x 1.5 Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 3 fl oz. Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Q:Is there any sort of maintenance or cleaning we need to do with the baffle or filter inside of the can?A:
Thanks for the message. Although it is not required, it's a good idea to occasionally remove the catch can and clean it as instructed by the below-linked video. The product may not be the exact same, however, the process is the same.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
Pat MuschampBY:Pat Muschamp (Admin) | Dec 28, 2021