- Direct fit for the 2014–2019 Ford Fiesta ST
- Mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50 micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses with factory quick-disconnect fittings for simplified installation
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #US D884,760 S
"The Mishimoto Ford Fiesta ST Baffled Oil Catch Can is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, a common issue with direct fuel injection engines. Thousands of test miles were logged on our Fiesta ST to determine what can setup would work the best. Mishimoto engineers found that most vehicles, placing the catch can in the vacuum assisted PCV system of the vehicle will yield the most amount of oil accumulation during normal and aggressive driving. Where a catch can placed on the crankcase vent system on the left side of the engine will yield nearly no accumulation on stock or lightly modified vehicles. Having only one catch can, tied into the PCV system will, by far, work the best for the vast majority of Fiesta ST’s on the road.
The Mishimoto Ford Fiesta ST catch can kit uses the Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a bronze filter, and internal baffled to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. The kit comes with two direct-fit pre-molded hoses with factory quick-disconnect fittings already installed. It also includes one direct fit mounting bracket that not only is extremely easy to install but also mounts the can in a serviceable location! Two CNC-machined aluminum, ½” barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. Like all of our products, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct fit Hoses with Pre-Installed Factory Quick-Disconnect Fittings
(2) CNC-machined Barbed Fittings
(2) Worm-Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch can every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes 1.6L EcoBoost Chassis Codes B3 Fits 2014-2019 Ford Fiesta ST
Overall Height 3.8" Overall Diameter 2.5" Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 3 fl oz Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Q:Is there any sort of maintenance or cleaning we need to do with the baffle or filter inside of the can?A:
Thanks for the message. Although it is not required, it's a good idea to occasionally remove the catch can and clean it as instructed by the below-linked video. The product may not be the exact same, however, the process is the same.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
Pat MuschampBY:Pat Muschamp (Admin) | Dec 28, 2021