- Direct fit for the 1989–2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ w/ 4.0L engine
- Fits with stock and Mishimoto Radiator
- Includes three Mishimoto high-flow 10" slim fans
- Each fan flows 950 CFM
- Increases airflow through the radiator by 41.9% over stock at idle
- Lightweight aluminum shroud improves airflow coverage across radiator core
- Eliminates heavy mechanical fan to improve low-speed airflow, reduce rotating mass, and free up power
- Retains stock A/C fan control for proper A/C function
- Includes A/C fan jumper to connect the Mishimoto fan to 1997–2001 models
- Available fan controller features adjustable activation temperature and includes wiring harness, NPT temperature sensor, and probe temperature sensor
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Crawling up steep rock faces, muddy hills, or narrow trails can put a lot of stress on your 1989–2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0L cooling system. The stock fan system on the 1989–2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0L is an archaic design that’s powered by the vehicle’s engine. It adds a lot of weight and drag to the engine, sucking horsepower and torque just to get it moving. Once it does start moving, the amount of air it moves is dependent on the engine speed. If the engine isn’t turning fast, neither is the fan, and there’s no air moving through your radiator. That’s why Mishimoto is excited to announce our 1989–2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0L Performance Aluminum Fan Shroud.
This fan shroud incorporates three Mishimoto high-flow 10” electric slim fans. Each of these fans moves at a constant 950 CFM regardless of engine speed. One fan replaces the stock A/C fan, while the other two fans are free to cool the radiator. The included A/C fan jumper harness ensures proper A/C function with 1997–2001 models.
The lightweight aluminum fan shroud also covers more of the radiator than the stock fan shroud, meaning your entire radiator can benefit from the increased airflow. In our testing, we found that the Mishimoto XJ Fan Shroud moved air 41.9% better than the stock fan shroud at idle and 22% better than the stock fans at 2,500 RPM. Our electric fan shroud also eliminates the heavy mechanical fan, reducing drag on the engine and freeing up horsepower and torque for your trail climbing enjoyment.
The Mishimoto fans can be activated manually with a switch (sold separately) or by our available adjustable fan controller. The Mishimoto fan controller mounts conveniently on the Mishimoto fan shroud and can be set to activate the fans at any temperature from 150°F to 240°F. The kit includes everything you need for installation, including a wiring harness, a push-in radiator probe temperature sensor, and an in-line NPT temperature sensor.
The Mishimoto 1989–2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0L Performance Aluminum Fan Shroud fits with both the stock and the Mishimoto Performance Aluminum XJ Radiator and is a direct fit without any cutting or drilling necessary. Like all of our Jeep Cherokee XJ products, this performance aluminum fan shroud is backed by our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a lifetime of superior cooling.
- TECH SPECS
Fits 1989–2001 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4.0L
Normal Current (amps) 20.4 Volts 12 Blade Diameter 10" Tech Specs and Sizing Overall dimensions: 33.11" W x 11.77" H x 2.98" D Blade Style Straight Inrush Current (amps) 13.08 # of Blades 10 Fan RPM 2,300 Fan Diameter 10" Overall Depth 2.98" CFM 950 CFM per fan Kit Includes (1) Mishimoto Fan Shroud
(3) Mishimoto High-Flow 10" Slim Electric Fans
(1) Jumper Harness for 1997–2001 Models
Foam Weather Strip
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Included with Fan Controller Kit (Optional):
(1) Adjustable Relay
(1) Push-In Radiator Temperature Probe
(1) 1/8" NPT Temperature Sensor
(1) Wiring Harness
(16) Zip Ties
(4) Wire Straight Crimp Connectors
(1) Wire Butt Crimp Connector
(1) Wire Quick-Splice Connector
(4) Wire Ring Terminals
(2) Wire Spade Connectors
(1) In-line Mini Fuse Holder
(1) 40" 10 AWG Wire
(1) 7' 12 AWG Wire
(1) 12" Heat Shrink
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Be the first to ask a question!