- Direct fit for the N20/N26 equipped BMW 2012-2017 2/3/4-series
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends Vanos system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #US D884,760 S
The Mishimoto BMW N20/N26 Baffled Oil Catch Can is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, a common issue with the direct fuel injection N20 and N26 engines. The Mishimoto BMW N20/N26 catch can kit uses the proven engineering from the Mishimoto 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a bronze filter and an internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. The engineers at Mishimoto designed a CNC-machined lid which features large inlet/outlets in order to match the inner dimension of the CCV hose. This baffled oil catch can defends your intercooler, intake system, and VANOS system from oil-blowby and helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation. The kit comes with two direct-fit hoses, which require no modification to the engine cover, and one direct fit mounting bracket that is extremely easy to install and mounts the can in a serviceable location! Two plastic, 3/4" barb fittings connect the hoses to the can. Like all of our products, this baffled catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(2) Application-Specific Mounting Brackets
(2) Direct Fit Hoses, Black
(2) 3/4" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle. Does not fit models with BMW's Xenon Headlight lighting package.
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes N20
Chassis Codes F22
Fits 2014-2016 228i / 228ix
2012-2017 320i / 320ix
2012-2016 328i / 328ix
2013-2016 428i / 428ix
Overall Height 3.8" Inlet 3/4"
Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT
Capacity 3 fl oz.
Material 6061 Aluminum
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
Be the first to ask a question!