- Direct fit for the 2009–2018 Dodge Ram 5.7L
- Single can mounting in line with the PCV system separates oil particles using 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patent pending billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 1 hour
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 7.5 oz capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Patent Pending
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The classic Hemi from Dodge has always been a great engine. But even Dodge couldn’t dodge the dangers of engine blow-by. Mishimoto has you covered with our direct-fit, baffled oil catch can kit for the 2009–2018 Dodge Ram 5.7L V8. This kit provides excellent protection for your engine, keeping the blow-by down to a minimum and lengthening your engine’s need for valve servicing.
During testing, we quickly discovered that our standard 2 oz can was not enough. The amount of blow-by exceeded the can’s capacity in under 1000 miles! We had to switch to a larger, 7.5 oz can so the intervals between draining would last longer and you’d be able to effectively protect your Hemi. Our patent pending billet aluminum 7.5 oz can has internal baffling, air diverters, and a 50-micron bronze filter to keep oil out of your intake and carbon deposits off your valves. The bracket included in each kit is made of very strong and thick steel, so vibration will not be something to worry about. With it bolting directly to your radiator support, you’ll have a clean OEM look. This kit installs in under 1 hour, is easily serviceable, and comes with our Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
(1) Large Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses
(2) 1/2" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
(4) Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 500 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes 5.7L V8 Hemi Fits Dodge Ram 1500, 2009-2012
RAM 1500, 2013-2018
Inlet 1/2" Outlet 1/2" Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 7.5 oz Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Q:Is there any sort of maintenance or cleaning we need to do with the baffle or filter inside of the can?A:
Thanks for the message. Although it is not required, it's a good idea to occasionally remove the catch can and clean it as instructed by the below-linked video. The product may not be the exact same, however, the process is the same.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
Pat MuschampBY:Pat Muschamp (Admin) | Dec 28, 2021