- Direct fit for the 2007-2013 Mazdaspeed 3
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon build-up on intake valves
- Patent pending billet 6061 aluminum sealed can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Integrated check valve prevents leaks by keeping boost pressure from reaching the catch can and crankcase.
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 7.5 oz. capacity for longer serving intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
Add a layer of protection to your 2007-2013 Mazdaspeed 3 with the Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit. The MS3 might have been one of the pioneers in the North American hot-hatch movement, but like the rest of the direct-injected turbocharged engines of that era, it suffers from copious carbon buildup due to engine blow-by. The 2.3L MZR turbo has a unique issue with blow-by. It’s equipped with a top-mounted intercooler, which is prone to heat-soak, effectively baking all of the oil and fuel droplets into the heat exchanger.
With the Mishimoto Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit, those crankcase gases are intercepted before even reaching the intercooler. We also included our taller 7.5oz catch can to compensate for the increased levels of blow-by that the Mazdaspeed 3 experiences in colder weather. Also included in the kit are pre-formed hoses to ensure a simple and direct fit in your MS3. As with all of our products, the Mazdaspeed 3 Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit is covered under the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty, keeping your 2.3L MZR Turbo blow-by free over the lifetime of the car.
(1) Large Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses with Integrated Check Valve
(4) Worm-Gear Clamps
(2) 1/2" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 500 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.
- TECH SPECS
Fits 2007-2013 Mazdaspeed 3
Inlet 1/2" Outlet 1/2" Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 7.5 fl oz. Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Q:Is there any sort of maintenance or cleaning we need to do with the baffle or filter inside of the can?A:
Thanks for the message. Although it is not required, it's a good idea to occasionally remove the catch can and clean it as instructed by the below-linked video. The product may not be the exact same, however, the process is the same.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have additional questions.
Pat MuschampBY:Pat Muschamp (Admin) | Dec 28, 2021