- Direct fit for 2015-2021 Volkswagen MK7 and Audi MQB-platform vehicles with Gen-3 EA888 1.8L/2.0L engine
- Dyno-proven bolt-on power gains of up to 5.27 HP and 9.23 lb-ft of torque on stock engine/tuning*
- Reduces air intake restriction by 51.7% compared to the stock intake system
- Provides safe operation on a stock ECU tune
- Power gains will amplify with additional vehicle modifications and/or tuning
- Aggressive intake tone under acceleration
- Installs in less than one hour with no need to remove the front bumper or undertray
- Precision-engineered using the latest in 3D printing, CAD modeling, and flow bench technology
- Rotational-molded air intake box and intake tube provides optimal airflow path, outstanding rigidity, and maximum heat-soak resistance
- Oiled air filter provides 52% increase in filter surface area over stock, ensuring maximum airflow and optimal filtration of contaminants
- Includes provisions for SAI system including SAI port, filter, and delete plug
- Includes Silicone Re-Route Hose Kit which relocates the coolant overflow hose under the intake providing a more orderly engine bay
- Patent Pending
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The VW/Audi MQB platform combines the practicality of an everyday driver with a powerful turbocharged engine, capable chassis, and an extraordinary differential capable of some awe-inspiring lap times. These highly innovative vehicles demand upgrades that match the impressive engineering Volkswagen and Audi poured into the platform. Thus, the team at Mishimoto set forth to develop the most effective performance air intake for the 2015-2021 Volkswagen MK7 and Audi MQB-platform equipped with the venerable Gen-3 EA888 engine.
Airbox volume, shape, and construction material all play a part in delivering maximum airflow to your engine. Our engineering team created an extremely precise rotational-molded thermoplastic airbox that eliminates restrictions, supplies maximum cool-air entry, and improves engine bay aesthetics. The use of thermoplastic material ensures the air intake system will incur minimum engine bay heat soak and provides unmatched durability for years of service in the harshest environments. Our airbox was designed using the latest in 3D printing, CAD modeling, and flow bench technology. As a result, we reduced air intake restriction by 51.7% over the stock intake system. This improvement in flow resulted in dyno-proven gains of up to 5.27 HP and 9.23 lb-ft of torque on a stock-tuned MK7 GTI. In addition, this intake kit includes our high-flow oiled air filter, which provides a 52% increase in surface area compared to the stock panel filter. This filter provides substantial airflow while preventing harmful contaminants from entering your intake tract.
The Mishimoto 2015-2021 Volkswagen MK7 and Audi MQB-platform Performance Intake is a complete bolt-on kit and includes provisions for the factory SAI system. As with all Mishimoto products, this performance intake kit includes our signature Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
(1) Precision Rotational-Molded Airbox
(1) Precision Rotational-Molded Intake Tube
(1) High-Flow Oiled Air Filter
(1) Intake Tube Grommet
(1) Intake Pipe Silicone Coupler
(1) Secondary-Air Injection Filter
(1) Secondary-Air Injection Adapter
(1) Secondary-Air Injection Adapter Cap
(1) Silicone Coolant Overflow Re-Route Hose
(2) High-Torque Worm Gear Clamps 12-20mm
(1) High-Torque Worm Gear Clamps 60-80mm
(1) High-Torque Worm Gear Clamps 70-90mm
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Dyno testing conducted on stock MK7 GTI
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes EA888
Chassis Codes MK7
Fits Volkswagen Golf I4 (1.8T) 2015-2021
Volkswagen Golf GTI I4 (2.0T) 2015-2021
Volkswagen Golf R I4 (2.0T) 2015-2021
Audi A3 I4 (1.8T) 2015-2020
Audi A3 I4 (2.0T) 2015-2020
Audi S3 I4 (2.0T) 2015-2020
Oiled Filter 38g of oil on filter
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Be the first to ask a question!