- Direct fit for 2008–2014 Subaru STI
- Dual can set up mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patent pending sealed billet 6061 aluminum cans
- Robust, application-specific brackets mount the cans in serviceable locations
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- Plastic barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch cans have a 2 oz. capacity for longer serving intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Patent #D910,727
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The Mishimoto STI oil catch can is designed and engineered to eliminate harmful blow-by vapors from re-entering your engine. The EJ25 in the STI is known for producing blow-by gases during both normal and severe driving, especially when boost levels are increased. This oil blow-by can work its way into your intake system, reducing the octane rating of your fuel and potentially causing detonation.
The system uses both our patent pending 2-Port Compact Baffled Catch Can and 3-Port Compact Baffled Catch Can, each one containing a 50-micron bronze filter and an internal baffle to better separate oil from the crankcase vapors. The turbo inlet side of the kit utilizes our 3-port catch can to catch as much oil vapor as possible. The system also includes two direct-fit mounting brackets that are extremely easy to install and also fit right-hand drive vehicles!
The STI oil catch can system comes with six direct-fit black hoses that will provide durable operation and provide a factory-like appearance after installation. The hoses are designed to fit right onto the PCV valve ports and the turbo inlet ports. Durable plastic barb fittings provide easy connections between the hoses and catch cans. And, like every Mishimoto baffled catch can system, this STI catch can system includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact 2-Port Aluminum Catch Can
(1) Compact 3-Port Aluminum Catch Can
(2) Application-Specific Mounting Brackets
(1) CNC-Machined Mounting Block
(6) Direct-Fit Hoses, Black
(3) ½" 90° Barbed Fittings
(2) 3/8" Barbed Fittings
(2) Plastic 5/8"-½" Adapter Fittings
(12) Worm Gear Clamps
(1) Silicone Cap for Turbo Inlet
This product fits both RHD and LHD vehicles.After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch can every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes EJ25 Chassis Codes GR, GV Fits 2008-2014 STI
Overall Height 3.8" Overall Diameter 2.5" Inlet 3/8" Outlet 3/8" Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 2 fl oz Assembled Weight 0.9 lbs Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Q:Is there any sort of maintenance or cleaning we need to do with the baffle or filter inside of the can?A:
Thanks for the message. Although it is not required, it's a good idea to occasionally remove the catch can and clean it as instructed by the below-linked video. The product may not be the exact same, however, the process is the same.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
Pat MuschampBY:Pat Muschamp (Admin) | Dec 28, 2021