- Direct fit for the 20152-16 Subaru WRX
- Dual can setup mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum cans sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Robust, application-specific brackets mount the cans in serviceable locations
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch cans have a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #US D884,760 S
Mishimoto is proud to be expanding their line of 2015 WRX parts! The Mishimoto 2015-2016 WRX Baffled Oil Catch Can System is designed and engineered to reduce carbon buildup, a common issue with direct fuel injection engines such as the FA20-DIT. This 2015-2016 WRX system includes two patent pending Mishimoto Compact Baffled Oil Catch Cans, designed to separate oil particles from the PCV/CCV air that would normally be routed back to your intake. The internal air diverter increases air turbulence and ensures all the oil sinks to the bottom of the can, leaving nothing but clean air to pass through the 50-micron bronze filter to the intake. An internal baffle keeps the collected oil from splashing around under race conditions.
The 100% billet 6061 aluminum cans include two black aluminum fittings and are sealed with Viton™ O-rings. Also included are two direct-fit steel powder-coated brackets, which mount the cans in serviceable locations. This makes maintaining your 2015-2016 WRX system a breeze, as the cans are also 100% washable, unlike many other cans that require you to replace your filtration system. To connect the cans to your PCV and CCV systems, the Mishimoto 2015-2016 WRX Baffled Oil Catch Can System includes application-specific, pre-molded hoses for an easy install to keep your engine bay looking clean! Whether you are entering your 2015-2016 WRX in the local rallycross or lapping at your next track day, trust Mishimoto and our line of 2015 WRX parts to keep your WRX cool. This kit, like our entire line of 2015 WRX parts, includes the signature Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(2) 2-Port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Cans
(2) Application-Specific Mounting Brackets
(4) Pre-Molded Hoses
(2) 3/8" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
(2) 1/2" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
(8) Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.Fits vehicles equipped with Eyesight
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes FA20DIT Chassis Codes VA Fits 2015-2016 Subaru WRX
Overall Height 3.8" Overall Diameter 2.5" Inlet 3/8" PCV
Outlet 3/8" PCV
Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 3 fl oz Assembled Weight 0.9 lbs Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Be the first to ask a question!