- Direct fit for the 2015-2017 Ford Mustang GT
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50-micron bronze filter
- Helps reduce carbon buildup on intake valves
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location away from most intake and supercharger kits
- Includes pre-molded hoses with factory quick-disconnect fittings for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminum barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #US D884,760 S
As powerful as the Ford Coyote engine is, it still needs some protection, and the Mishimoto engineers created a baffled catch can kit for that very reason. Engine blow-by can cause an oily mess inside intake manifolds and decrease octane levels, potentially increasing chances of detonation. Mishimoto’s 2015 Mustang catch can kit features a patent pending 2-port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can with a 50-micron bronze filter and an internal baffle to better separate oil from the crankcase vapors. Two direct-fit hoses and an application-specific bracket make for a quick and simple installation.
Reducing blow-by becomes even more important with the addition of forced induction, so this 2015 Mustang catch can kit mounts away from most intake and supercharger kits to make room for some more horses. When you’re on the road with that 5.0L Coyote, you’ll have the peace of mind knowing that blow-by isn’t stripping away any of your treasured HP.
To back up Mishimoto’s superior craftsmanship, each 2015 Mustang catch can kit comes with the renowned Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses with Pre-Installed Factory Quick-Disconnect Fittings
(2) 1/2" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
(2) Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 1,000 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.May not be direct fit with some S/C applications.
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes 5.0 Coyote Chassis Codes S550 Fits 2015-2017 Ford Mustang GT
Overall Height 3.8" Inlet 1/2" Outlet 1/2" Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT Capacity 3 fl oz. Material 6061 Aluminum Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M). Baffled True
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Q:Is there any sort of maintenance or cleaning we need to do with the baffle or filter inside of the can?A:
Thanks for the message. Although it is not required, it's a good idea to occasionally remove the catch can and clean it as instructed by the below-linked video. The product may not be the exact same, however, the process is the same.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have additional questions.
Pat MuschampBY:Pat Muschamp (Admin) | Dec 28, 2021