- Direct fit for the 2016+ Mazda MX-5 Miata
- Single can mounts in line with the PCV system to separate oil from air using a 50 micron bronze filter
- Features integrated drain valve and hose for easy service
- Patented billet 6061 aluminum can sealed with Viton™ O-rings
- Robust, application-specific bracket mounts the can in a serviceable location without interfering with aftermarket strut tower bars
- Includes pre-molded hoses for simplified installation
- Defends intake system and essential engine components from oil blow-by
- CNC-machined aluminium barbed fittings ensure a sturdy connection between lines and can
- Catch can has a 3 oz. capacity for longer servicing intervals
- Internal air diverter increases air turbulence to improve oil separation
- Helps maintain proper octane levels to reduce potential detonation
- Filter and can are fully serviceable
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- Patent #US D884,760 S
When the 2016 Mazda Miata released, the Mishimoto engineers were hard at work looking for ways to improve engine efficiency. They created this direct-fit Miata oil catch can system to help protect the heart of your Miata from harmful blow-by. Direct injection engines, like the one in the 2016 Miata, suffer from accelerated carbon buildup due to the lack of port injection, which washes the valves with fuel during engine operation. The engineers saw a significant coating of oil buildup while examining the intake manifold. The oil was coming from the PCV system, which contributed to carbon accumulation and a decrease in octane levels.
Mishimoto’s new Miata catch can system helps to prevent this blow-by from reaching the intake, resulting in a cleaner running engine. Mishimoto’s Mazda Miata Oil Catch Can Kit features Mishimoto’s patent pending 2-port Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can equipped with a bronze filter and internal baffle to better separate the oil from the crankcase vapors. Two direct-fit hoses and an application-specific bracket make for a quick and simple installation. Like all Mishimoto ND Miata parts, this catch can kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
Our catch cans are different from most air-oil-separator (AOS) systems on a few levels. First, our catch cans are not heated. This means that all of the blow-by is able to condense in the can, including low-octane oil vapors and contaminated fuel vapors. Most AOS systems also drain the blow-by back into the oil pan, while our catch cans trap the blow-by and keep it out of the engine permanently. If you’ve seen what we’ve seen in the bottom of our catch cans, you won’t want that draining back into your oil either.
(1) Compact Baffled Oil Catch Can
(1) Application-Specific Mounting Bracket
(2) Direct-Fit Hoses
(1) Drain Hose
(3) 1/2" Aluminum Barbed Fittings
(1) Petcock Drain Valve
(6) Worm Gear Clamps
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
After installation, Mishimoto recommends checking the contents of the baffled catch cans every 500 miles until a baseline is established. Oil blow-by accumulation will vary with ambient temperatures and driving conditions. It is important that the contents of the can do not rise above the internal baffle.
- TECH SPECS
Chassis Codes ND
Fits 2016+ Mazda Miata
Overall Height 3.8" Inlet 1/2"
Drain Plug Thread Size 3/8" NPT
Capacity 3 fl oz.
Material 6061 Aluminum
Install Torque Specs 22 in-lbs (2.5N*M) recommended for all worm-gear clamps. These clamps have an operating range of 18-27 in-lbs 2-3N*M. Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 27 in-lbs (3N*M).
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
Be the first to ask a question!