- Direct-fit for the 2016+ Mazda MX-5 Miata (ND2 requires supplemental kit)
- 19-row stacked-plate oil cooler drops temperatures up to 57°F (29.5°C)
- Minimal pressure drop
- Application-specific mounting brackets mount the oil cooler in the front bumper
- Mounting brackets made from aluminum for a lightweight design
- Pre-made stainless-steel braided oil lines with durable -AN fittings
- Billet-aluminum thermostatic oil sandwich plate
- Thermostatic and non-thermostatic options available
- Cooler available in either Sleek Silver or Stealth Black
- Increases oil capacity by .75 qt
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
With the release of the new 2016 Mazda Miata, the Mishimoto engineers are excited to help increase cooling efficiency. We all know that these fresh-off-the-production-line Miatas will find their way to track, so Mishimoto developed a direct-fit Miata oil cooler kit to keep oil temperatures in check. Mishimoto’s Miata oil cooler makes sure that your oil stays at optimal temperatures, while your Miata is making leading laps around the track. Unfortunately, the new 2016 Miata was not equipped with a stock oil cooler, making the addition of an oil cooler an important modification.
This Miata oil cooler kit features a Mishimoto 19-row stacked-plate oil cooler, which is placed directly in front of the radiator by application-specific mounting brackets for maximum air-flow. Application-specific braided stainless steel lines transfer oil from the cooler to the engine and feature -10AN fittings for an easy installation. Mishimoto engineers saw consistent temperature decreases of up to 57°F (29.5°C) using our non-thermostatic sandwich plate.
The cooler is available in a Sleek Silver or Stealth Black powdercoat finish with the choice of either the Mishimoto Thermostatic Oil Sandwich Plate or the Mishimoto Non-thermostatic Oil Sandwich Plate. As with the rest of the Mishimoto 2016 Miata parts, this oil cooler kit comes with the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty!
(3) Application Specific Mounting Brackets w/ Corrosion Resistant Mounting Hardware
(1) 19 Row Oil Cooler (Silver or Black)
(1) 3', 9" Stainless Steel Braided Hose with Straight and 45 / 120 Degree -10AN Fittings
(1) 4', 7" Stainless Steel Braided Hose with 45 Degree and 45 / 120 Degree -10AN Fittings
(1) Thermostatic Sandwich Plate (Non-Thermostatic Available)
(1) M20 Extended Length Stainless Steel Sandwich Plate Adapter
(1) 10mm 6061 Aluminum Sandwich Plate Spacer
(2) Banjo Fitting w/ Bolt M20 x -10AN, Black
(1) Mounting Hardware Set
Recommended torque specification for all straight fittings and banjo bolts: 15-25 ft/lbs (operating range). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 ft/lbs.
- TECH SPECS
Chassis Codes ND
Material 6061 Aluminum Core Height 5.43" Rows 19 Cooler Construction Stacked-plate Core Thickness 1.97" Core Length 11" Fitting Size -10AN Pressure Drop 3-5 PSI Install Torque Specs Recommended torque specification for all straight fittings and banjo bolts: 15-25 ft/lbs (operating range). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 ft/lbs. Caution It is the installer's responsibility to check all thermostat plugs, NPT plugs, line fittings, and other connections to assure they are fully tightened before operating the vehicle. Mishimoto recommends that you check all connections at regular intervals, especially during the first few miles after installation. For additional technical information, contact email@example.com. Increase In Oil Capacity 0.75 qt Temp Difference 57°F Also Fits 2016+ Mazda Miata
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Be the first to ask a question!