- Direct fit for the 2015-2021 Subaru WRX
- Dyno-proven maximum gains of up to 33 whp and 30 wtq and peak gains of up to 28 whp and 21 wtq while maintaining safe AFRs
- Dyno-proven gains of up to 70 whp and 70 wtq with a tune and intake using 93 octane fuel while maintaining safe AFRs on 6 speed WRX (see additional images for dyno chart)
- Extremely aggressive intake tone under acceleration and boost
- Mishimoto Airbox retains stock-like engine bay appearance
- Functions with the stock intake duct which supplies cold air to intake filter
- High-flow oiled air filter, sku: 3006, provides increased filtration surface area
- Wire-reinforced silicone hose prevents collapse
- Easy installation can be completed in one hour
- Designed in Delaware, USA and filter made in USA
- Available with a polished, wrinkle black, or wrinkle red pipe finish
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- CARB EO #: D-759-3
Here at Mishimoto we've decided to expand our line of 2015-2021 WRX parts. Mishimoto has developed a performance air intake engineered specifically for the 2015-2021 Subaru WRX. The 2015-2021 WRX intake features numerous innovative components, including a wire-reinforced lower induction hose that will not collapse under suction and boost.
Dyno testing showed maximum gains of up to 33 whp and 30 wtq and peak gains of up to 28 whp and 21 wtq while maintaining safe AFRs. Dyno testing also yielded results of up to 70 whp with a tune and 2015-2021 WRX intake with 93 octane fuel while maintaining safe AFRs. This 2015-2021 WRX intake has a unique and aggressive tone under acceleration and boost, and the free-flowing design amplifies turbocharger spool and BPV sounds. Check out the sound video to hear the tone.
The stock 2015-2021 WRX intake duct is utilized to provide cool airflow to the high-flow Mishimoto oiled air filter, which features increased filtration surface area compared to the stock paper filter. This filter can be cleaned and reused, providing a lifetime of service. The 2015-2021 WRX intake is available with an enclosed airbox for protection against engine bay heat-soak, and it provides a stock-like engine bay appearance as well. This unit is a complete bolt-on to your 2015-2021 WRX and can be installed in one hour using common hand tools. Made in the USA and available with either polished, wrinkle black, or wrinkle red aluminum intake piping and, like our entire line of 2015-2021 WRX parts, includes the signature Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
(2) Aluminum Intake Pipes
(1) 90° Silicone Upper Hose
(1) Silicone Lower Hose
(1) High-Flow, Oiled Filter
Airbox w/ Protective Edging
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
The airbox retains a stock-like appearance and is designed to work with the stock air inlet duct.
- TECH SPECS
Engine Codes FA20DIT Chassis Codes VA Fits 2015-2021 WRX (non-STI)
Diversion Plate Material Steel Airbox Material Steel Oiled Filter 38 g of oil on filter Pipe Material Mandrel-Bent Aluminum MAF Pipe Diameter 3" Lower Pipe Diameter 3" Oil Color Red Caution Mishimoto does not recommend using the intake with 91 octane fuel and no tune. Using the intake with 91 octane and no tune may damage your engine. Max Gain 33 whp and 30 wtq on stock tune using 93 octane fuel Air Filter Part Number MMAF-3006
Mishimoto Automotive (“Mishimoto”) warrants its products under this lifetime limited warranty policy (“Warranty Policy”). This Warranty Policy applies solely to: (i) Mishimoto Products purchased directly from Mishimoto or Mishimoto authorized dealers (each a “Mishimoto Product” and collectively, the “Mishimoto Products”) and (ii) the original purchaser of such Mishimoto Product (“Purchaser”). This Warranty Policy is non-transferable and all claims under this Warranty Policy must be accompanied by the original sales receipt. The terms and conditions of this Warranty Policy are subject to change by Mishimoto at any time without notice.
For our complete warranty policy, please click here.
- Q:Does the air box fit with the Eyesight model WRX?A:
Thanks for the question! We can confirm that this intake is compatible with the Eyesight equipped WRXs. Please feel free to contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any additional questions!
Pat MBY:Pat Muschamp (Admin) | Aug 17, 2016