We all know how the saying goes. “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.” Like any overutilized cliché, there’s some truth to it. It wouldn’t have assimilated into our lexicon if it wasn’t, right? The same sentiment rings true for Nissan’s Z-cars. These sporty coupes don’t change much between generations, but we can help but adore them. The latest generation is no exception to this trend. Nissan upcycled many of the primary aspects of the latest Z. From the retro styling, the 370Z DNA underpinning the chassis, and the VR30DDTT nestled under the characteristically long hood, we’ve seen these designs before. To some, it may seem like a parts bin model, but we all know this concoction results in a new, exciting car packed with potential. Potential that we already have the plan to unlock.
- The Ultimate Guide For Intercooler Selection
- Air-to-Water vs. Air-to-Air Intercooling
- The Top 3 Things to Look for When Choosing an Intercooler
- 12 Ways To Prepare Your Diesel For Winter
- Equipment Profiles
- Coolant Overflow Tanks vs. Expansion Tanks
- Coolant Basics
- What Is Blow By?
- Do Try This at Home – 10 Easy Updates You Can Do This Weekend
- Horsepower and You
- Air Filters: Dry vs Oiled
- Air Metering 101: Maf vs. Speed Density
- Turbocharging vs. Supercharging
- Blow Off Valves Explained
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3 Performance Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Stock Performance Stock Location Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Performance Intercooler Pipes, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intercooler Pipes, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Borne Off-Road Snorkel, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intake, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Performance Intake, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can, PCV-Side, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2021+
- BMW F8X M3/M3 Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit, CCV Side, 2015-2020
- BMW M2C/M3/M4 DCT Transmission Cooler, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M3/M4 Direct Fit Oil Cooler, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Performance Heat Exchanger, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Charge Pipe Kit, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler, 2015-2020
- Posted: February 09, 2023Categories: NissanContinue Reading »
- Posted: February 09, 2023Continue Reading »
What makes a car so alluring? Sure retro-modern styling combined with a power-hungry powerplant draw you in, but what keeps you in the driver’s seat? Consistency. Sports cars like the Z are intended for those with a lead foot and a need for speed, so keeping things consistently cool is imperative. Let’s face it. There’s no worse torture to an enthusiast than having to feather the throttle on their high-strung sports car because of looming high temperatures. Nissan knows this, and while they did their best to set the Z up for intercooling success, the heat exchanger still needs an overhaul for what we enthusiasts have in store.
- Posted: February 08, 2023Continue Reading »
Instant classics don’t typically happen instantly. Think about all of those songs that immediately get stuck in your head. Instead, these earworms wriggle their way into your unconscious because they’re so expertly crafted. They’re demoed, recorded, have their composition changed, re-recorded, and rigorously dissected before they make their way to your Spotify playlists. Nissan’s Z cars follow a similar path. While the Z hasn’t been singing the same song for the last 53 years, it’s become a staple in the genre. Now, half a century later, these sports coupes have built quite the legacy and are preserving their heritage in their latest release that captures the Z’s essence. We’re super fans here at Mishimoto, and we’re hard at work preserving that legacy.
This Z is a rockstar, thanks to the VR30DDTT nestled under the hood, and we want to give it the VIP treatment. Protecting this engine’s intake tract from the dangers of blow-by is a song that we already know, but this time aroun
- Posted: February 08, 2023Continue Reading »
It’s almost 2023, and Nissan’s latest sports coupe carrying on the legendary Z lineage is finally here. Like every other enthusiast, we let out an exasperated “Finally…” hearing the news of dealer allocations. It’s been 13 years since we had a new Z car, and while the 370 certainly held the namesake in a strong standing, it was about time for a new era of Z before charging into the electrifying future. This Z might be the shining beacon of fresh sports car design, but Nissan’s latest offering is a compilation of their greatest hits. There are, of course, the classics, like the 300ZX taillights, signature silhouette, and hood cowl dating back to their Datsun days, but one of the main draws is the recent B-side that’s under the hood, a little ditty called the VR30DDTT. In this case, it’s a cover, but the Z made this tune its own with 400hp and, much to the superfan’s joy, a manual transmission option. Unfortunately, this heavy-hitting power ballad of an engine still falls under the same trop
- Posted: March 18, 2021Comments: 3Continue Reading »
Our 2007-2009 Nissan 350Z VQ35HR Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit is now available for purchase! Click the link to get yours today, and make sure to keep reading for more information about our final kit and product testing.
Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit, fits Nissan 350Z VQ35HR, 2007-2009
A few months and a thousand miles, that's what it takes to elevate our 2007-2009 Nissan 350Z catch can kit from a one-time bit to a full-fledged superstar. For most celebrities, it takes years to land the role that finally makes their career; but the time has come for the 350Z kit. Before our catch can kit walks the red carpet, let's look back at its earlier work.
- Posted: September 04, 2020Comments: 2Continue Reading »
It’s happened to all of us at least once. You’re rewatching one of your favorite cinematic adventures from years ago when you spot an actor that is now a mega-star, but in a much younger state, performing in one of their break out roles, or even just making a cameo. While this performance might not match this actor’s current performance level, or could even be cringy at times, it’s what gave them their shot at making it big. The same could be said about the Nissan 350Zs sporting the VQ35HR. While its performance never falls under the “cringy” category, the DE’s replacement only made a brief cameo in the Z cars before moving on to bigger and better things. Even though the HR is uncommon in the 350, it still requires the same, if not more protection from blow-by as the DE, which is why we here at Mishimoto are already hard at work on a full catch can kit.
- Posted: June 13, 2018Categories: Nissan 350Z Direct Fit Catch Can 2003-2006, G35 2004-2007Continue Reading »
"Tokyo Drift" is a term that has almost become a colloquialism assigned to just generally kicking out the back end of the car. All of this stems from the third installment in the Fast and the Furious’ franchise that shares the same name. Anyone who’s watched Tokyo Drift, or has just happened to see any of the marketing material has seen that the 350Z is plastered on just about every inch of that movie. For good reason too.
Nissan revived their Z car platform to basically be a drifter’s dream. With the heavy hitting VQ35DE in the front, a manual gearbox in the middle, and the power at the back, this car was born to go sideways.
2006 was a long time ago, and we’ve seen the 350Z and the G35 on the roads for even longer. These cars are racking up the miles, a
PROTECTED SPECIES – 2007-2013 INFINITI G37 / 2009+ NISSAN 370Z DIRECT FIT CATCH CAN, PART 2 – Blow-By VerifiedPosted: May 23, 2018Comments: 1Continue Reading »
It’s often an overlooked fact in the automotive world that every engine out there is affected by the by-product of its own combustion process, but it’s true. It doesn’t matter the size or the type of induction. Combustion gasses will still sneak past the piston rings, and those contaminated gasses will infiltrate the intake tract. The naturally aspirated V6 is an endangered species these days, and given the age of some of these VQ37 engines, the future for these power plants is starting to look bleak.
If you revisit the early stages of our project, however, you’ll see that we’ve already been hard at work to save the VQs from themselves. Pushing that high of a compres
Protected Species - 2007-2015 Infiniti G37 / 2009+ Nissan 370Z Direct Fit Catch Can, Part 1 - Stock Review and Design PlansPosted: May 04, 2018Continue Reading »
In this day and age, if you’re an enthusiast in search of a naturally aspirated, performance-oriented 6-cylinder, you’re almost out of luck. The last 8 years have been the age of forced induction with the 4-cylinder turbo layout edging the V6 closer toward extinction. Unless you have the money to spend on a Porsche, there just aren’t many options out there anymore for the fun 6-cylinder.
There is one manufacturer, though, who can deliver the “Fizz” (as James May would put it) without the fuss of a turbo or supercharger. That would be Nissan. I’m sure that most people would have visions of the dime-a-dozen Rogue or Sentra that dominates the roads these days. Anyone who knows anything about their Nissan and Infiniti is quite aware of the company’s heritage. From the long-nosed Datsun coupes to the drifter’s dream that was the 240SX—and let’s not forget the 10+ generations of the Skyline/GT-R—Nissan has proved it’s been around the block a few times.
- Posted: March 16, 2016Categories: Nissan 350Z Induction Hose 2003-2006Continue Reading »
R&D is complete and we've started producing our first batch of silicone induction hose kits!
While this process takes place we are launching a discounted pre-sale for those interested in picking up this awesome induction hose.
Check out the final details below and click the pre-sale link to check out our product page.
Pre-Sale Price: $79.95
Expected Ship Date: 4/13/16
- Direct fit for the 2003–2006 Nissan 350Z
- Up to 4 whp / 6 wtq gains over the stock rubber induction hose
- Installs in under 30 minutes
- Fits with the stock air intake system or Mishimoto Performance Air Intake
- Installs with no tuning necessary
- 5-Ply Silicone construction for added durability and long service life
- Silicone hose reinforced with steel rings to prevent collapse
- Pre-installed CNC connector provides a quick and e