In the automotive world, not many things can outweigh the impact of performance upgrades. Sure, added power or increased grip is vital to the vehicle’s overall performance, but missing the mark on the finishing touches can thwart any well-planned build. A ragged interior or scuffed exterior bits turn any blissful machine into a fast car with a nagging list of gripes. For our three-pedal gang out there, we know one of the best means of preventing this dilemma is with the help of quality and classy shift knob, and what’s more classy than wood grain.
- The Ultimate Guide For Intercooler Selection
- Air-to-Water vs. Air-to-Air Intercooling
- The Top 3 Things to Look for When Choosing an Intercooler
- 12 Ways To Prepare Your Diesel For Winter
- Equipment Profiles
- Coolant Overflow Tanks vs. Expansion Tanks
- Coolant Basics
- What Is Blow By?
- Do Try This at Home – 10 Easy Updates You Can Do This Weekend
- Horsepower and You
- Air Filters: Dry vs Oiled
- Air Metering 101: Maf vs. Speed Density
- Turbocharging vs. Supercharging
- Blow Off Valves Explained
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3 Performance Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Stock Performance Stock Location Intercooler, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Performance Intercooler Pipes, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intercooler Pipes, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L/2.7L Borne Off-Road Snorkel, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Performance Intake, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Performance Intake, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can
- Ford Bronco 2.7L Baffled Oil Catch Can, PCV-Side, 2021+
- Ford Bronco 2.3L Baffled Oil Catch Can, 2021+
- BMW F8X M3/M3 Baffled Oil Catch Can Kit, CCV Side, 2015-2020
- BMW M2C/M3/M4 DCT Transmission Cooler, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M3/M4 Direct Fit Oil Cooler, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Performance Heat Exchanger, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Charge Pipe Kit, 2015-2020
- BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler, 2015-2020
- Posted: February 08, 2023Categories: Mishimoto Shift KnobsContinue Reading »
- Posted: February 08, 2023Categories: UniversalContinue Reading »
Building a performance vehicle is an exercise in compromise. Form or function? Power or weight? Strength or lightness? Often, one of those is more important to the build, so the other is sacrificed. But here at Mishimoto, we’re done compromising.
Carbon fiber has long been a material bordering on mythical. A fabric that, when combined with resin, exhibits more strength than steel at a fraction of the weight. Once reserved for small aesthetic pieces on cringeworthy s
- Posted: May 27, 2022Categories: Manual Boost ControllersContinue Reading »
It's interesting how something as mundane as an exhaust-powered air pump could take control of so many car enthusiasts. Really though, it's not that surprising the deeper you think about it. The intoxicating symphony of whooshing, whistling, and PSSHT-ing directly hits our dopamine receptors. The devotion isn't just aurally based either. The power and potential these systems provide make us enthusiasts feel like rulers of the road. This command that turbos have over us is about to become a little less one-sided now that we can take some power back with a manual boost controller.
With today's sophisticated forced induction machines, why would we need to control the boost further? For more of it, of course! Since the dawn of the automobile, we enthusiasts have been on a quest to squeeze every ounce of power from the engine, and the manual boost controller does just that.
- Posted: January 13, 2022Categories: Wheel SpacersContinue Reading »
No matter if you use your truck or jeep for commuting, hauling, or venturing through the unknown wilderness, all of these vehicles are a particular blend of form and function. They're built to look tough, aggressive, and utilitarian, and they act the part. The same could be said for our Borne Off-Road wheel spacers, which any of these vehicles would benefit from.
Wheel spacers might not seem like the obvious place to go for the perfect combo of form and function. Still, the benefits of their addition are a solid investment to any rig, whether you're just starting your build or working on the finishing touches. Wheel spacers have one purpose: to move the wheel further from the vehicle's hub. They're a solid plate that mounts in between the wheel and the vehicle's hub, creating some space.
- Posted: January 13, 2022Categories: Wheel SpacersContinue Reading »
Being an automotive enthusiast is all about putting your personal touch on your car. Modifying vehicles is a way of life for us car folks, and no matter the end goal, there's an endless list of components available. So much so that one can find themselves lost on their customization mission on where to start. Should the starting point be aesthetics or performance? Why not start with a set of wheel spacers for a combination of both respects.
Wheel spacers might not seem like the obvious place to start, but the benefits of the perfect set of wheel spacers make for a solid investment whether you're just starting your build or working on the finishing touches. Wheel spacers have one purpose: to move the wheel further from the vehicle's hub. They're a solid plate that mounts between the wheel and the vehicle's hub, creating some space.
- Posted: September 16, 2021Categories: Air-to-Water IntercoolerContinue Reading »
Air-to-water intercooling continues to be the main buzz in the realm of forced induction, and that's not without reason. This setup boasts plenty of advantages over conventional air-to-air setups, so much so that OEMs have even started rolling vehicles off the production line with air-to-water systems equipped. However, one of the main drawbacks to liquid-cooled intercoolers is the lack of universal upgrades for these systems. That's why we decided to engineer a comprehensive line of options for those looking for increased intercooling under the hood of your vehicle.
For those unfamiliar or who need a refresher on air-to-water intercooling, let's review. When your turbo or supercharger compresses air to create boost, that process heats the intake air. Hot air isn't as oxygen-dense as cold air and creates a less efficient burn in the cylinder, so it needs to be cooled, hence the intercooler. Air-to-air coolers utilize the
- Posted: June 15, 2021Categories: Quick Release Clamp AssemblyContinue Reading »
We’ve all been there. You’re tucked under your car, with your arm slithered up through the nether regions of your engine finger tightening that last critical bolt. It’s almost threading in, and you’re already daydreaming about how great it’s going to be when the car is back on the ground when it happens. The bolt slips out of your grip. It pings off every bit of engine on the way down before dropping in a pocket dimension full of 10MM sockets, never to be seen again. It happens to the best of us.
This exact situation is something that we’re aiming to prevent with our Quick Release Clamp clasp design. No matter how organized or careful you are, pieces get dropped or lost while the build happens, or the pin for the clamp containing 20 or 30 or 40+ pounds of boost wiggles out while you’re on the road.
- Posted: April 13, 2021Categories: HD Heavy-Duty Bar-and-Plat Fluid CoolersContinue Reading »
The term 'heavy duty' applies to much more than just the massive turbodiesels that wear the HD badge. Every aspect of the automotive world experiences some form of heavy-duty activity. From the giant mechanical turbodiesel beasts, low-slung sports cars, and off-roading machines to hatchbacks, family haulers, and grocery-getters, heavy-duty heat is universal. Luckily, we here at Mishimoto have devised a heavy-duty means of managing that heat.
For anything to be dubbed "heavy-duty," it needs to do two things. It needs to keep the fluid running through the core cool under the most grueling conditions and be able to take a beating at the same time. Performance and durability are absolute musts for a heavy-duty cooler. In this case, these two characteristics are intertwined.
- Posted: September 18, 2020Categories: Quick Release Clamp AssemblyContinue Reading »
Clamps don’t get the recognition that they deserve. It might seem like a mundane subject, but in reality, it’s quite a diverse world of clamping out there. An adequately tightened worm-gear could be the line between a solid day at the track or leaking boost pressure or coolant. We here at Mishimoto wanted to put our mark on the clamp world, which led us to create our Quick Release Clamp Assembly.
Why would you need this new fangled clamp? Why would you weld in a clamping system rather than source some couplers and standard clamps? I’m glad you asked! For starters, the all-aluminum construction lends itself to a significantly more secure connection, making these clamps perfect for high-horsepower vehicles pushing tons of boost through the system. Utilizing this clamp will allow for a solid metal intercooler pipe system while still allowing for easy removal of the intercooler as needed. Through our testing, we found that these
- Posted: August 13, 2018Categories: Carbon Fiber Baffled Oil Catch CanComments: 3Continue Reading »
Get your Mishimoto Carbon Fiber Baffled Oil Catch Can Today!
In the world of aftermarket modification, there are two directions to go in with any upgrade. Form or function. Some might not care if the part looks like a work of art just as long as it performs, and vice versa. That’s an owner’s prerogative, and maybe driving around a box that hits the 300 whp mark and sounds like a grizzly bear is all you need. Other enthusiasts prefer a flashy set of wheels and a few want the best of both worlds, style and efficiency, which isn’t always available. It’s not easy to get that perfect blend. That won’t stop Mishimoto from trying, though. We’re aiming to create a little gray from the black and white of performance against aesthetics all while protecting your engine from blow-by.