If you remember from our last post about the Titan XD catch can, we ran into some challenges with the first and second prototypes. Since then we have perfected our design, so without further delay, let's look at our final prototype for testing.
With the check engine light vanquished, our last update left us with a slightly different hurdle to climb. A buildup of condensation in the system had us a tad worried about possible freezing in the winter. Little did we know that the solution was right in the Titan's engine bay. One of the benefits of working on a larger truck is that there is more room under the hood to work with. We used this to our advantage and decided to relocate the can to another spot in the engine bay - one that would see more heat. The idea is that extra heat introduced to the catch can will burn off a good deal of the moisture and prevent freezing of the can. A fine theory, but let's see it in practice.